Urge.
I gave myself the day off after I returned from class this morning. And I watched 27 Dresses online, on purpose, for the one scene that imprinted something on my heart. In fact, it's my favourite scene in the entire show.
For whoever who needs to hear this, several parts might be irrelevant but, here it is anyway. Read it, accept it and let it be.
"Do you want to know the real reason why I came here tonight? Because I knew this was going to be hard for you. And for the first time in a really long time, I wanted to be there for somebody. I messed up, I did. But I'm sorry. I'm going to turn around and walk away and I'm going to vanish and you'll never see me again, I promise. But I want you to know that I think you deserve, I think you deserve more, than what you've settled for. I do. I think you deserve to be taken care of, for a change. I believe that."
- Kevin Doyle
If you're having a hard time taking or finding time to breath, to rest, to rejuvenate yourself, just stop. Pause and let the quiet moments overwhelm you. Let God overwhelm you with His comfort, His rest and His love.
I think the last two lines Kevin Doyle spoke, or at least the second last, makes a whole lot of sense. That's exactly what it means to work towards Greatness.
Let God take and lead you to places you've never explored or imagined yourself being in. It's going to be a ride, but take it. Because at the end of the day, at the end of the ride, you'd be bugging God to take you on it again :) By then, you would've reached your destiny, you would've found purpose and a satisfaction that goes out of this world.
God's heart is to see His people deserving more than what they have settled for. Even though we truly don't deserve any of it, He's offering more, giving more, loving more.
Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.
For whoever who needs to hear this, several parts might be irrelevant but, here it is anyway. Read it, accept it and let it be.
"Do you want to know the real reason why I came here tonight? Because I knew this was going to be hard for you. And for the first time in a really long time, I wanted to be there for somebody. I messed up, I did. But I'm sorry. I'm going to turn around and walk away and I'm going to vanish and you'll never see me again, I promise. But I want you to know that I think you deserve, I think you deserve more, than what you've settled for. I do. I think you deserve to be taken care of, for a change. I believe that."
- Kevin Doyle
If you're having a hard time taking or finding time to breath, to rest, to rejuvenate yourself, just stop. Pause and let the quiet moments overwhelm you. Let God overwhelm you with His comfort, His rest and His love.
I think the last two lines Kevin Doyle spoke, or at least the second last, makes a whole lot of sense. That's exactly what it means to work towards Greatness.
Let God take and lead you to places you've never explored or imagined yourself being in. It's going to be a ride, but take it. Because at the end of the day, at the end of the ride, you'd be bugging God to take you on it again :) By then, you would've reached your destiny, you would've found purpose and a satisfaction that goes out of this world.
God's heart is to see His people deserving more than what they have settled for. Even though we truly don't deserve any of it, He's offering more, giving more, loving more.
Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home